Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Muar Bread

My parents came during one of the weekends. They stopped by Muar and bought a loaf of white bread. It is a traditional Hainanese white bread. Very soft and spongy. Normally I eat with butter and kaya, or sometimes with cheese and fruit jam. They also bought some otak-otak , so the white loaf can really go well with otak-otak sandwiched in between.
Before mum went back home, she kept some pieces of leftover bread into a plastic container. Within few days, I realised that it is full of mould. In another word, this shows that the bread really does not contain any preservatives. Because when I buy "G" brand white loaf, it will never turn mouldy even it has already expired.

2 comments:

  1. I also noticed that those branded bread still look good even after the expiry date. Just turned a bit hard. Normally, I will not take chances and throw them away. But most of the time I manage to finish them before expiry la. Y u did not treasure your mum's bread? sob sob....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AIYO, u make me feel so guilty now......

    ReplyDelete