Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cloth Diaper

Bb-G now is 100% fully on cloth diapers at home. Since some time ago, I already started to let her wear cloth diaper at night to sleep. Previously before bedtime I changed her with a disposable diaper thinking that the diaper could support her urine over the night. But one day, I was thinking to give it a try on cloth diaper. I inserted 2 pads instead of one piece which I normally do in the day time. Amazingly, when I took off the cloth diaper in the morning, it was still clean and dry on the contact surface. No redness, no rashes. The inner pads were equally wet, but not soaked. Which means if I only put one pad, it may not be able to absorb the high volume of urine, and the contact surface may get wet.

the inner pads

Eversince then, I only use disposables when we go out. Bb-G also wears cloth diaper at nanny's place. Washing was not a big issue too. What I do is to soak the dirty pads and diaper pants into diluted dettol solution at the day time. By end of the day before I go to bed, I just dumped everything in the washing machine and let it do the job. The next morning I hang under the sun. Surprisingly the pants can dry very fast, as for pads, they may require some time due to the thickness. But overall, if the weather is hot, with full sunshine, they can dry fast too. If not, if I hang immediately after wash, both pants and pads are dry by the next morning.

Anyway, I am very happy to realise that I actually have not beeen buying disposable diapers for quite some time, really saved lots of money! Think my last purchase was during January..... Really love this cloth diaper very much! And thanks to the person who invented this fabulous idea!

But one funny thing is, Bb-G's little butt always look very round and fluffy due to the extra pad ^_^



6 comments:

  1. hahaha....round and fluffy buttock! Sigh! I'm not helping the world enough because I'm still using disposable and I spend quite a lot on it. I'm afraid the cloth diaper very 'ma fan' and MIL will have extra job since she is the one taking care of baby during day time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, now they also have cloth pad (for us ladies). U wanna try? Go to this website for more info http://www.mamapatch.com/category/cloth-pad-cotton-flannel/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mummy-j, i didn't know got such type of baby cloth. last time, only got those big white cloth which you needed to fold.

    mnhl, i dare not use the cloth pad for adults lar... so geli to wash later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SP ~ I also feel so geli (washing part) and dare not try. But I saw some reviews saying it is very easy to wash and they don't smell like those disposable one. They said the disposable one got chemical, that's y they release some bad odour. Still thinking. But I'm lazy to wash la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehehe...deng deng deng..i already place an order for cloth pads. becos i c bb-G so comfortable with this diaper, n very sure the pad shud be comfy too. will tel u guys more after i use ok ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. sp - yes very canggih now hor.

    mnhl - if u interested to try the diaper, maybe u ask ur MIL first, see wat is her reaction.if washing part is ur concern, then rest assure, i only wash one time at nite. for me, "huan bao" is secondary, my concern is i don wan bb t0 wear too much synthetic diaper. lots of chemical n bleaching. although claim to be soft n cotton feel. in long term it is not good for her down under...u know wat i mean?

    ReplyDelete