Bb-G has a maximum of about 40 minutes patience in the playpen, playing on her own, listening and watching her DVD. And she totally forgets about me or Papa-M. She will never bother us, talk to us or even look at us. She is 100% engrossed with her drawer, toys and DVD. This happens everyday.
Then, when her show finishes which exactly 40mins later, Bb-G starts to yell abit. If I ignore her, she will yell and scream louder. If I am still busy and not intending to let her out, I will repeat her show. When she is in a good mood, she will continuing watching it, but when she has no longer interest with the same repeating musics, she throws bad temper while rocking the playpen, shouting for me to let her out.
I have to give in eventually. When she is out, I have to let go of my other chores and really "look" after her, since she loves to roam around the house, poking into power points, pulling wyres, playing the water or even washing her hair at the water fountain! If not, she will ask me to carry her up to the sofa, then she comes down, then I carry her up again, she comes down again, repeat and repeat. (she thinks I am VERY FREE huh??!!)
Even if I bring out her drawer+toys out from the playpen, she doesn't even bother to look at them. And I need to constantly come out with new ideas to make her sit still.
Yesterday I had come to a stage that no toys can make her happy (I gave, she threw). I even let her play some housewhole items eg., soup ladle, my purse, Papa-M's spoilt handphone or spoilt watch. She looked at them for a while, grabbed for a while then threw away. Until I saw my grocery on the table, simply passed it to her. Oh! This made her very happy. She is like a "jakun", never sees a plastic bag before.
But at least I could relax, she really loved the plastic bag so much until she took out each items in the bag, then put them back again, repeat same procedure. At certain time, she would took everything out and covered her head with the bag. When her favourite advertisment was on the TV, she immediately took out the plastic bag and watched until the advertisment was over.
Took away the plastic bag from me.

Took out my lohan guo

Put back my lohan guo

Covered her head

Watched her favourite advertisment. (She will tilt her head a bit when watching this particular advertisment)

Covered back again


mummy!!!! so dangerous!!!!! but i know you are there to supervise baby.
ReplyDeleteBtw, baby can sit still for a good 40 minutes can consider VERY GOOD already!!!
yah... i also tot very dangerous to let baby play with plastic bag! be careful not to let her play alone... or at least the plastic bag must have holes...
ReplyDeletefor only one time, no more letting her play a pkastic bag anymore
ReplyDelete