I am ok with orange juice, finished squeezing all the oranges in the fridge. A bit lazy to make apple juice, therefore I cut into small pieces and eat with Bb-G. As for the pineapple and bittergourd combination, I think I cannot accept the taste. Furthermore I am not a pineapple lover. After much thoughts, instead of juicing both of them together, why not I cook both in a soup, afterall I am a soup lover. Not sure how the taste would be, anyway, just use a bit of my "画出味道" (hua chu wei dao) "talent" to make this concoction.
(another quote from my favourite drama - Da Chang Jin ^_^)
I cut the pineapple and bittergourds into fairly big sizes.

I would prefer to drink pork rib soup, but since no pork, I replaced with chicken. Cut the chicken into chunks too. I could actually cook under the stove but I used my slow cooker instead. At least by the next morning the soup would be ready and I could bring over to my office.
Then to enhance the flovour, I guess some red dates and honey dates with few dried scallops may do the work.

I arranged all ingredients in the pot, top up with water, added some salt and let it cook overnight.

By early in the morning, around 6+, I was awaken by very strong pineapple aroma filled up the whole house. I could even smell it from my air-conditioned bedroom. It was super amazing and aromatic. This made me eagerly went to the kitchen and checked my soup. Waa... I felt like drinking it immediately!
I brought some to my colgs, and they liked it too. One of them said it was soothing. Maybe due to the bittergourds which can reduce heatiness.
Papa-M is not a soup fan. Usually when I cook soup at home, I have to constantly remind him to drink when he is back from work. HOwever, for this time he reheated the soup by himself and gobbled up everything without me telling him anything at all....^_^


What a great combination. Heard of papaya or pear to boil soup but never pineapples.
ReplyDeletenext time try apple in a soup, use pork rib, very nice too. tat one my mon's recipe
ReplyDeletemy grandma got cook apple soup before too, but usually the apple will become very soft. i just bought a soup recipe book called "Grandma's Soup" for my grandma
ReplyDelete