Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sick Kuasa 2

My darling Bb-G fell sick :(
Last Friday I suspected her low grade fever could be due to teething, took some paracetamol then she was ok. Saturday and Sunday at home - she was fine.
So on Monday after I fetched her back from Nanny's house, I heard her cough (very mild and 1 time only). Then at night when I put her to sleep, she was very temperamental, cranky and wailed loudly. At night she could not sleep. She had been waking up every 10 to 15 minutes. Papa-M and me took her out from the baby cot and let her sleep with us on the bed. She turned and turned,could not sleep too. Then we heard her coughing and now, with phlegm, worsen furthemore by her running nose. I quickly took out her medicine (I keep baby's flu,fever,cough, phlegm medi in fridge for emergency use)and let her take all except for the fever one since her temperature was fine. But even after taking the medicine, she still could not sleep and kept crying every few minutes. I believe her nose was blocked. Both Papa-M and me could not sleep either. Until it was about 4 -5 pm Bb-G finally dozed off.
So the next Tuesday morning, I took emergency leave and brought her to see pead. Doc prescribed nasal drop to unblock her nose. According to doc, Bb-G's condition was not serious as her lungs are very clear. It was just a viral infection.

Then, the next morning on Wednesday, Bb-G's left eye was swollen and red.



Papa-M saw first and then shouted loudly calling me who was then making milk in the kitchen. I was shocked too. After much checking, I even saw some red big spots on her hand, forehead, neck and leg. We worried it could be due to some allergy or insect bites, therefore brought her to the pead.

Bb-G dozed off in her play pen after bath before bringing her to see doctor. She must be very very sleepy and tired.



Doc was very surprised when we visit her again. After examining Bb-G, the swollen parts were most probably caused by ant's bite. She prescribed an eye drop and an antiseptic cream for her skin. I took Bb-G back to nanny place, then quickly went home and spring cleaning Bb-G's baby cot. I washed her bedsheet cover and bumper cover. Took out the mattress and sun in the balcony. Wiped her baby cot. I made sure that no insects/ants in the room!

3 comments:

  1. hope bb-g's eye is fine now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept pead medicines in the fridge too for emergency use. Can be very useful.

    Poor bb-G. Hope she is ok now.

    ReplyDelete