Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Raya Fever

I went back hometown during this Raya. It was an impromptu decision made on Thursday morning. I asked Papa-M if he wanted to drive me home on Raya Friday, but he said he could not, due to last minute decision and he had something on during the weekend.
So I asked my brother, and he also said he didn’t want to go back either.
I was so eager to go home and visit my parents with Bb-G. So I decided to drive Bb-G home , from KL all the way back to Johor on my own. I felt it would be very challenging to drive a 1-year-old in a long journey and I felt excited about it. When I told Papa-M about this, he totally DISAGREED! But I insisted claiming that I could handle it nicely. And he was very mad about it. Then suddenly brother called and said he wanted to "follow" me back to hometown, This made my plan to drive home alone with Bb -G shattered, but Papa-M felt very happy. Well, since brother said he wanted to "tumpang", I asked him to become our driver instead. ^_^

Reached my parents' house by noon. Our last visit with Bb-G was when she was about 6 months old. Nearly half a year I never come back to my hometown, that's why I miss home so much which make me mati mati also want to come home. As usual Bb-G could get along with everyone in the house, even neighbours and my mum's friend who came to visit. She never has strangers anxienty. Parents even drove her out visiting my grandaunt without me in the evening.

Mum also cooked very nice pork and dried scallop porridge for Bb-G. She could finished one bowl of it during dinner.
My sister also back home due to uni holidays. So baby was pampered by all at home.
Things started to turn bad by late evening. I fed Bb-G with milk around 9pm. After her milk, she got active and walked and crawled around the house. Then suddenly she vommited. Her porridge which was not digested was thrown up. Everybody was shocked including myself. Then we cleaned her up and let her rest a while. By nearly reaching 10pm, before letting her sleep, I fed her , after a while she vomitted again. Let her rest and give her some water to prevent dehydration, and again she vommited. Mum asked me to massage some oilment on Bb-G's tummy and let her sleep without any feeding. So she slept and by 1.20am, I saw her rolling on the bed, difficult to sleep and woke up. I thought she could be hungry because all the food eaten no longer in the stomach. So I fed her with some milk, about 3 oz only. She finished all. Then slept again, but keep rolling on the bed. Then,
she vommited for the 4th time. All her milk landed on the bed. Her body temperature was a bit high too.

I woke parents up, asking them to bring me to a doctor. It was about 2am. We went to search around those 24 hours clinic. Not open. To 16 hours clinic, not open either. Hari Raya - doctor also Raya.
So we went to the hospital. Straight to 24 hour emergency entrance. A male doctor was there to attend Bb-G. After checking, everything was normal, She did not have fever too., Body just warm. To prevent her from vomitting, doctor inserted a sap through Bb-G's rectum. Then, gave us some medi and went back home. This reaction could be due to food indigestion or a reaction after Bb-G's MMR-V jab (measles,mumps,rubela + chicken pox) on previous Monday.
So on Saturday I only stayed at home taking care of Bb-G as her body still warm and a bit high, Taking paracetamol every 4 hours. She was cranky when sleepy. I didn't go out to eat my favourite Ah Xi wantan mi, fried oyster omelette, fried carrot cake , mi hun keuh, cendol…. Nor got the chance to pay a pharmacist friend a visit in her working place. Partly I also don’t have the mood and was sleepy due to last night hospital visit.
So my 2010 Raya was just staying at home, eating my mum's homecook food cum taking care of a sick baby.

Bb-G with cool-fever plaster drinking 100+ (empty can actually but seems like she is quite eligible to become the ambassodor of 100+ !!)

100+ is good for people with fever like me

The ingredients can cool down my body

Cheers !!

5 comments:

  1. oooh... i went to find PL yesterday and she told me about BB-G too. hope she's OK already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, she is ok now... but haiya... i now very miss all the food i tak dapat makan....sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat a way to spend Hari Raya where u can eat many delicious food.. but then.. BB G is more important.. hope she is ok now..

    Oh by the way.. you mention you can't post comments in my blog.. but i went to check.. should not be any prob.. can try again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. errmm...i thought I posted a comment here yesterday but it seems it did not appear. Anyway, hope bb-g is all healthy now.

    ReplyDelete