This morning when I read my Seremban friend’s blog about her children with hubby made a mess in the bedroom, I couldn’t stop laughing but on the other hand, I really admire her tolerance level. If I were in her position, Papa-M sure kena gao-gao from me, I would definitely scold him. Actually I did have such quite similar experience too . One time, Nanny went for holidays. I did not want to sacrifice my annual leave, so Papa-M volunteered to take care of Bb-G at home (it was a Monday)
I was a bit worried too, because all these while Papa-M never bathe Bb-G before, never cook baby’s porridge at all, never clear and wash Bb-G’s butt when she poo-poo.. Anyway, everybody should have his first time, so I let Papa-M 100% in-charged of my baby’s life for ONE day.
So, before Monday reached, (during the weekend) I asked Papa-M to observe me how to bathe Bb-G. I taught him must put body lotion and some powder after bathe. After few hours, or if the cloth diaper was wet, must change. Then soak the cloth diaper with dettol solution. For the porridge, I decided not to ask him to cook. I told him to feed Bb-G with instant cereal, convenient and easy, anyway it was only for one day. Then I also told him that after cereal Bb-G MUST drink her milk after 1-2 hours, if not she won’t be able to take her noon nap or evening nap.
Okie, Monday reached, I went to work. Papa-M and Bb-G were still sleeping. When I was in the office, Papa-M never called me, so I assumed everything should be fine. He could handle our daughter well.
When I reached home, everything seems to be very normal at home. Papa-M reported to me, Bb-G ate her cereal with cheese, enjoyed a lot. As active as a mouse. I was so glad to know. This was what he told me lar. So my turn to asked him some questions:
1)How was the bathing process? OK? He said “ oh, I never use shampoo la, wet her hair can d, put a bit of body soap, wash wash then ok d”. I cannot remember what was the reason for not shampooing Bb-G, I think he said not necessary because Bb-G’s hair was still clean or he scared… (fine)
2)Bb-G got pang sai? How you clear? He said “ oh luckily she never pang sai!!” and his face very happy somemore (walau… if one day he cannot pangsai, see how he feels)
3)So you got put baby lotion and powder after bathe? He said “ aiyo no la, she is very active on the bed, move here move there, so I just pakai baju can d la, want to wear diaper oso susah..” (WALAU!!)
4)She took her nap? How many hours she slept? He said “ aiyo, she don wan to sleep ler, very active, then cranky, I put her to the cot, she cry, don wan to sleep, so never sleep at all” I ask again – you got let her drink milk or not before nap time? He said “ aiyo, need to drink milk meh? I let her eat cereal only, ooooo no wonder she cannot sleep, must drink milk ….” (WALAUUUUU!!!!!!)
I told myself to cool down, so I went to my bedroom for shower. When I entered my room, I smell urine. PAPA-M NEVER SOAK BB-G'S CLOTH DIAPERS, HE LEFT THEM ON MY BED THE WHOLE DAY !!!
I cannot tolerate further, I asked him why he never soak the diapers in dettol solution, whereby he knows that it is my practice all the while, and I also did tell him to do so. And he with his “selamba” punya style said “oh aiyo, forgot la, your baby is very active, I can only take care of her, other stuffs forgot d” ARRRRGGGG!!
Moral of the story : Trust or not trust a man with a baby at home?
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


hahaha... so funny papa-m's response... why all setences must start with "aiyo"? but what he had said, made sense too! hahaha...
ReplyDeletesp- if not xmas, then bila u wan come down kl?
ReplyDeletemnhl, u macam mana? shall we decide a date for gathering?
(dec 1st to 3rd week i m not free, bro inlaw wedding dinner (bride) on 4th, groom on 11th, my bro registration on 20th.....)
I think Papa-M did a great job over here! At least he managed to bath baby (even without the shampoo) and managed to dress her up (even without powder and lotion). And I have to laugh when he said LUCKY BABY DID NOT pangsai. hahaha.....
ReplyDeleteSince we are nearby, better depends on our outstation friends to see when they can come. For me, preferably Sat night / Sun daytime.
i have one suggestion,SL going to due soon, maybe baby coming out these few days. wanna come n visit her n newborn? kill 2 birds with one stone...
ReplyDeleteu mean go down to KL within Nov '10? should i fly to Subang or KLIA? how to get to ur place?
ReplyDeleteMummy-J ~ Good idea indeed. So which date should we fix it? The whole weekends in Nov I have no plan at the moment. Should be fine unless something crop up. Let's fix a date and see if funkiegal can join in or not since she is coming back in NOV.
ReplyDeleteyaya, who can contact funki? i macm lost touch with her email n hp. ask her, then she can come with sp.
ReplyDeleteeither one, firefly goes to subang, air asia to lcct, other arline to klia.
i m so excited now ler...
sp - get to my place very easy, u tel me where u land, i go pick u. subang is near my house, but dono firefly got sg-kl route or not. if not air asia lo
ReplyDelete