Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kimchi

I always go to the supermarket cum medical hall nearby the house to buy Bb-G’s milk powder. Months ago, another mini-market look-alike shop was opened few stores away from the medical hall. From outside, this new shop looks like 7-11. So I never went in,  thinking that I can get my groceries from the usual supermarket/medical hall I always patron.



But 2 days ago, when I drove to the medical hall again to grab Bb-G’s milk powder, my mind had spontaneously directed me to the new shop. Once I opened the glass door, I was surprised and amazed. I had always thought that it is just an ordinary mini-market, but it turns up to be a mini “Jaya Jusco”… ! Well, I know it is a bit exaggerated here, but it indeed sell something which I never think of.


The shop has varieties of imported food. And there is a corner for butchery at the back part of the shop, while a mini kiosk was placed in front of the shop to sell BBQ pork (bak gua). Besides they have a section selling Taiwanese imported frozen food – dumplings and sausages. Another section selling Korean imported packed food – kimchi, sticky rice cake and sauces. Local items are included too. In addition, it has fresh vegetables, poultry, dairy products, rice, cooking oil, instant noodles (imported too) and snacks (local & imported), etc...


Because I was in a hurry, I only spent a very short time in the shop. I bought pack of kimchi and seaweed. When I paid at the counter, the cashier even gave me a can of baked beans as free gift. Not bad huh…


After knowing MNHL went to Korea and came back feeling very happy, liked the food and full of satisfaction, she had made me yearn for Korean food. So last night, I made my dinner “Korean stylo” abit ^_^

I pan fried some chicken fillets (previously marinated). I tried to grill them on the non-stick pan just like the Chicken Bulgogi Korean BBQ. Put the chicken fillets on top of this dish-away-plate that is meant to drain away excess oil.

















I cooked a small portion of white rice with my mini rice cooker. Once the cooking time left about 10 minutes, I put some kimchi into the rice and then let cook together. Once the rice was fully cook, sprinkled a little bit of salt, added some soy sauce and the seaweed flakes. Mixed well. I was trying to make my own Korean Bibimbap.







The dinner I had for last night. It came with a bull eye egg too.












I dust some pre-toasted sesame seeds on my chicken fillets.
















Bb-G liked to rice very much. Initially she told me it was spicy (due to the kimchi), but after a while she loved the taste so much and asked for more. Luckily I had the enough rice to share with her…


(MNHL, did I make you drool and crave for some Korean food too? heheheheheh)

After that, I had a bowl of green bean soup for dessert. It was packed during my lunch time. I just reheated and added some sweet potato cubes.





3 comments:

  1. U should invest in a restaurant. Not only u can cook but your presentation of food was fantastic !

    Kimchi, no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can cook kimchi n rice like that. Chicken fillet also look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mnhl - oh never tot that u will say my presentation is nice, i tot it was very normal....tq ar...
    hahah, now i know u don like kimchi & their friends

    sp - errr tat fillet tasted like bbq fillet, marinated with sweet + salty sauce , with sesame oil...

    ReplyDelete