Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cough

After my bad throat and flu recovered, I started to cough. And it continued for almost 2 weeks.
I had phlegm and this made my throat itched. I cough mostly at day time in the office. I didn't take the cough syrup doctor gave because it was very strong and made me drowsy. So I drank warm water to sooth my throat.
But my cough was better at night. I did cough a little, but it was mild...

I bought a non-drowsy cough syrup from the pharmacy, but it does not seem to work.

The cough was very irritating until I tried some alternatives. I took warm lemon+honey. It worked for about few hours before the cough relapsed. Colg asked me to drink some warm vinegar, I tried that too. It helped a while. Then, I remember there was an email sent to me long time ago. Someone said that baking an orange and eat it warm can help to stop cough. I googled, then followed the instruction and I tried at home.









Oh well.... the orange really tasted good when it was baked. It had a very nice citrusy aroma when I took out from the oven. And the warm orange tasted good too. It was advisable to dip the orange with some salt, so I did follow. Bb-G also like it too. I am not sure what is the secret behind this baked warm orange that can cure the cough, and I don't think it was the Vit C that helped, since Vit C evaporated in hot temperature. Bout the salt thingy, maybe it has anti-viral property. Hmm..anyway no harm trying… Indeed, my cough became milder. I still coughed at the day time in the office but controllable.


Then….one day after I took the warm orange, my Malay colg packed Nasi Bryani for her lunch from a nearby stall and she ate in the office. It was very fragrant and the chicken made me drooled. I had the bryani on the next day. I was thinking to eat the nasi bryani with chicken, but I always heard some hints that chicken will induce cough, so I took mutton bryani. Oooooo it was so good, the curry mutton tasted just right. Some people may not like mutton due to the smell, but I particularly love the mutton smell… heheheh

Guess what ~ After I had the mutton, my cough suddenly stop! It happened so quick like miracles!

So now… I am not sure if the baked orange had helped me, or the mutton curry took the credit. I had both of them within 2 days, and I don’t cough anymore (a bit of phlegm left but it was not disturbing).

Well, guess I am fully prepared for my next week gateway for food & relaxation!

3 comments:

  1. Mutton is a heaty food. Maybe that helps too ! I heard about this baked orange too. Interesting recipe. Glad that your cough are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i also suspect mutton....and i really love to eat mutton/lamb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow had thought that curry would worsen the cough...

    ReplyDelete