Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

He Does Not Like FRUITS

Was not feeling well last week, hence didn’t write much in the blog....
There are always fruits in the house. Usually I am the one who buy the fruits, or sometimes they are from parents. However, I have a husband who is never interested with fruits, even if I have sliced the fruits nicely and presented in front of him, he will always think that I am forcing him to swallow the fruits. Haiz....

So the only person that I can offer fruits to is Bb-G...

There are certain times when some of the fruits were kept in the fridge for too long, and lost the freshness/crunchiness. I dislike the soggy sensation when I bite soft apples or pears. If there were too many leftover soften apples, I cooked the apples and make into apple pies. If I have leftover soften pears, I’ll make them into nourishing sweet dessert.

I made this before a week before I fell sick – Chinese pears with honey dates.


I used 2 soften pears. Put them into a big bowl, added some water, honey dates and some wolfberry. Cooked it by steaming the whole bowl in the slow cooker. And again, only Bb-G and me savoured this nutritious sweet soup to the end. Papa-M...? I did offer him, but he was not interested at all..Hmmmmpff….

Next, my last week down with bad throats, flu and cough – I shall thank to my weak resistance to bak kua...


After I finished Zoe Tay’s Devotion, AH DI, I follow-up another drama of hers – Double Bonus. She was the daughter-in-law of a family run bak kua shop, and the bak kua scenes always appeared mostly on every episode. Each night I was salivating away while watching the people in the drama grilling the bak kua. Hence, I reheated some bak kua in the oven (CNY leftovers which kept in the fridge) and enjoyed each slices when I watched the show. Yummm Yummmm.
Consequences – I had dry throat the next morning.. followed by sore throat the day after, and finally followed by running nose, fever and cough on next next day…..

Went for a doctor, took some medications and rested at home for 2 days. What I had was noodles soup, or porridge, or some bread. With antibiotics, I don’t really have much appetite.

Having so much plain food for a week, yesterday I craved for a flavourful Italian pasta. Was thinking to ajak Papa-M out for a nice dinner but Bb-G who didn’t had her noon nap slept at 6pm. It was impossible to go out for a nice dinner. Thus, with whatever I have in the kitchen, I baked macaroni with cheese.

Macaroni with cheese & prawns is one of my favourite food which I always order when I go to Secret Recipe. Didn’t know it is so easy to make at home. Just cooked the macaroni with boiling water, lay them nicely on the oven proof casserole, pour a can of white sauce and mixed some meats in between the pasta. Spread generously a layer of mozzarella cheese. Baked until the cheese melted. And this time, Papa-M likes it! (maybe one day I should put fruits in my cheeese macaroni...nyek nyek nyekk...)








3 comments:

  1. Even if don't like fruit, shouldn't he force himself to eat fruit since it is very important for our health? Wow, you are so nice to slice fruits nicely for him...

    The cheese macaroni looks nice, although I never order it before ler.... So you have successfully tried out another dish again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. becos i need to slice for bb-g (& myself), so slice for him as well.
    eh next time when u meet him, pls tel him the benefits of eating fruits ok :)

    one day u try in Secret, i always like this dish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite with you. My hubby is the one who will force me to eat fruits. hehe...

    Really impressed with your cooking. Next time i will try the pear soup. How long did you boil it ?

    ReplyDelete