Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Magic Pot

Many months ago, I had this idea to get a “magic pot”. Had been surveying in the market, and saw few good brands have such pot that I want. Talked to my mother about the pot, and she told me to save my cash, she has one at home, and she seldom use. So, she gave me her energy saving magic thermal pot! Since I have the pot, I begin to make soup during weekdays too. It is so much convenient. However, for me, a soup base is nice if it is boiled long enough under the fire. I always believe that by using fire to make soup, it will taste much nicer than cooking it with any electrical pot. Because soup taste good if it has enough “for hei” (should I say 火气 ?)
No doubt the magic pot can make my life easier, I still has some dissatisfaction of the end result. Not due to the ingredients, but due to the “FIRE”…

So, in order to make the soup taste good, I will prepare my soup ingredients at night. What I do is to put all ingredients and water into the stainless steel inner pot, then boil under the stove. It takes about 15-20mins to boil.
Then I transfer it to the outer thermal case, which can keep the heat in the inner pot and let it continue to cook overnight.
Then I go to sleep. The next morning, I take out the inner pot, it is still hot. So I reboil it on the stove again, it takes about 1-2 mins , then transfer it back to the thermal case. After that , I go out to work. When I reached home after work and once I open the inner pot, the soup is still hot, and all the ingredients are well cooked and soft. The quality of the soup can be considered not bad. It is still lack a bit of “uuooomph” , but at least most of the working evenings I have healthy, non MSG home cook soup for dinner.

4 comments:

  1. you are so hardworking !!!!! Boiled and reboiled just to get the BEST taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mnhl- not difficult, so just do it lo...
    like i say before, i very yim jim with soup..

    ReplyDelete
  3. from the colour of the soup, indeed can see that it was boiled for very long. must be very fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, how come you haven't removed the option to type in verification word before i can post comment?

    ReplyDelete