Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home

After I bought some kids stickers and decorate Bb-G’s room, Papa-M begin to like these stickers so much until he bought more back. He got some cute stickers for Bb-G’s room, and also some to decorate our living hall and his office. Two nights ago, both of us agreed on a feature wall and started to paste stickers on it. End result –Satisfied. Since the house decorating mood is still very high, I started to “shift” and “beautify” my home sweet home.

First of all, I reallocated my dining table. Initially it was in the main living hall, however ever since Bb-G can walk and run, I prefer to have a wider area for her to move about. Having the dining table at the side of the main living hall may be quite obstacle (chor teng). And hence I put the dining table in our second hall.

The feature wall that we choosed for stickers, behind the wall is the second hall (new dining area)


My little model was posing in front of the flowery wall for me to take her photos Take 1:

Take 2:

Last time this second hall used to have 2 book shelves and a 3 seater-sofa. But now, Papa-M took away the sofa and put in his office, one of the shelves was in Bb-G’s room, and another shelf was set in such a way to make it look like a "long table". And this long table is now decorated with some existing ornaments and placed at the area in front of our main door, just below the mirror where Bb-G loves to see herself in it.

Littel model sat at the shelf again to take photo

The new dining area.
The red wine, birdnest and chicken essence from Chinese New Year hampers. I purposely arranged on the dining table, to remind us to take it when free.
If not, I think they will be laying in the kitchen cabinet and soon, I will totally forget about them. Brother’s wife commented that the dining area is so “romantic” due to the soft warm hanging light. Both Papa-M and me (with Bb-G) can enjoy romantic dinner everyday ..hahaha

But then, I felt the main living room is a bit empty. No doubt I want a larger area for Bb-G, but I think it still can accommodate some little ornament.(Greedy Me..) To enhance the living room ambience, I put a coconut table lamp. The bar highchair as the base. This coconut lamp was a gift from Papa-M’s sister. If I am not wrong, she bought it few years ago for our wedding. It was always in Bb-G’s room, but I think Bb-G is still too small to appreciate it, hence the best place to put it is still the living area.

Next, I shifted an empty vase (previously was on my TV cabinet), and put it on the floor, next to the “shelf long table”. The vase is to cover up the base of the shelf. Too lazy to wrap the base with nice papers , so this extra vase is very useful.
Bought the rattan and artificial flowers at a shop near my office. End result – A decorated vase temporary cover the ugly shelf base. I shall find one fine day where I feel "rajin" to wrap the base.

To me, my house is not necessary must be big and huge like a castle, what matters most is a safe place that I can find comfort, and a place that I can call it HOME. Papa-M and me have always agree to use soft yellow lights for our house. The ambience created is so cosy, a warm place to relax and de-stress...

4 comments:

  1. wah...change 'feng shui'......

    ReplyDelete
  2. not change fengshui ler, more like backside itchy, wan to shift n do someting difrent..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it looks very homely.. those asre warm lights, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reanaclaire, yah, i use yellow lights for my house. really feel cosy and warm too...

    ReplyDelete