Some of the things she can do and speak now, would like to jot down here to remember…
1) Nowadays, whenever she asks for something (milk, bolster, pacifier, toys, etc..) I will teach her to ask from me (or from someone else) politely.
Eg., if she wants to drink milk, she will say : Mami, pissssssh nen nen, ang cute (mummy, please, I wan nen nen, thank you)
2) She helps me to throw rubbish in the dustbin in the kitchen, eg., her soiled diapers or something that she picks from the floor . I do not need to follow her, she knows where to go and where to throw.
3) If my handphone on the dining table rings, but I am sitting on the sofa, she will help me to take the handphone and pass it to me. She is tall enough to reach the edge of the table, so, if I know I may need her to take some light items from the dining table , I make sure I put near the edge of the table in advance.
4) When she has a handphone, she will put by her ears and talk like this “ ha-o… arrr….arrr….ha-o …aa..aaa….mmmm.. aa…mmmm” I always feel very funny when she talks on the phone.
5) When she does not want anything, she say “mai” and shake her head . I think she learned the word “mai” from Nanny’s place. (mai = don’t want in Hokkien). I never talk to her in Hokkien, but then suddenly she knew how to say “mai”
6) When her face or hands dirty, I shall pass her a wet handkerchief. She will wipe on her own, and says “ mak mak mak” (mak = wipe in Mandarin). Think she learns this from Nanny’s house too…
7) When she sees I wear dress, she will say “mei mei” (mei = pretty in Mandarin). Anyway, if she sees those lanterns, lightings and decoration in the shops or by the roadside, she will shout ‘mei mei” too
8) Everytime when Papa-M reaches home after work , she will run towards the wooden door and BANG!BANG!BANG! This is to show her affection to Papa-M, she welcomes him home. Papa-M also entertains Bb-G, before he enters into the house, he will BANG!BANG!BANG! the door too. Father-and-daughter’s loving way of communication in between a wooden door ^_^
9) When she knocked herself and fell down, she will beat the floor , or chair or table, or whatever that made her had the fall.
10) I just noticed this yesterday, she no longer lie down on a big pillow to drink her milk. She passed the pillow to me, then sat like an adult, finishing her milk.


haha....the bang bang bang on the wooden door is so 'romantic'.
ReplyDeletewhen we visited Sin Lin, her son also would help to throw rubbish into dustbin.. hahah...
ReplyDeletemnhl - romantic?? hahah....maybe one day i shall join her to do so
ReplyDeletesp - oh really? both of them came from the same nursery.. kena trained liao...hahaha