Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 05, 2010

My First Lunch Box

Eversince colg and me decided to "boycott" our manager during lunch, the very next dayn (last Thursday), this colg of mine brought 2 packets of instant noodles to the office. Plan to eat for our lunch. LOL! We used the microwave oven to cook the noodles. I kept some seaweed flakes in the office, therefore sprinkle some on the Myojo Mi Goreng ..!

Luckily I am a person who enjoy cooking. If not, preparing my own lunch box to work could be difficult. So on Sunday, I went to the supermarket to buy some veges and meats. Back home, I washed up all the ingredients and packed it nicely in the fridge. This is to ease my cooking procedure. My plan is to cook at night and keep for the next day lunch.
I also went to Daiso, searching for those stainless steel food containers. I could not find those with 100% steel material, only has those with stainless steel base but plastic lid. Anyway, I am fine with it. Then search for a insulation bag to keep my food warm. Well, I don't expect my lunch to be 100% piping hot, but at least they are lukewarm and nice to eat during noon. Actually there is a micowave oven in the pantry, but I do not want to use so much microwave to heat my food. I feel it is not good for long term.
So, last night I braised chicken & mushroom in oyster sauce. Then this morning, before I went to bathe, just heat up the chicken, put some rice into rice cooker, and heat up a vege soup.
See... this is my 1st lunch box. .....


Add some seaweed flakes on top of my rice.

I keep the vege soup in a thermos flask.

And since I am eating in the office, I would have extra time to google for new recipes...

4 comments:

  1. you really very rajin to do so much preparation for your lunch 1 day earlier! the vege soup looks yummy lar... i like cabbage soup with a bit of carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i prefer to rajin a bit than sacrifice my precious lunchtime. anyway. my mum pinjam me her magic cooker, so only need to cook the chicken for 15 mins on the stove, then put the whole pot into the magic pot to continue cooking. so easy lo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even the insulation bag from Daiso? Homecooked is definately cleaner and healthier than outside food. Not so oily too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, insulation bag from Daiso. if you are interested , can buy for your children...

    ReplyDelete