Papa-M, Bb-G and myself participated in a marathon this month, and we were the champion !
1st May.
Papa-M complained he was lethargic and body ache after his golf. Then he started to feel feverish and body heaty. Fever didnt subside for few days and he went for blood test. Blood platelet dropped, suspect dengue.
4th May
Papa-M admitted to the hospital at night. Did a dengue test.
5th May
I was on leave, I went to the hospital in the morning after I sent Bb-G to school. When I saw Papa-M, his face was full of rashes. I had never seen so much rashes in my life before. Since the report was not ready yet, I spoke to his attending nurse. According to the nurse, some mosquito bite could really produce a lot of rashes.
(I did not have any rashes when I had dengue)
Report came out, dengue test NEGATIVE. Felt glad. Papa-M had chicken pox. He was discharged immediately.
6th, 7th, 8th, 9th May
I was on leave at home, taking care of the sick chicken pox patient. Papa-M had poxes all over his body, even in the throat. He couldn't eat , so bought a lot of yogurt and coconut juice to cool sdown his throat heat. He couldn't sleep well because many big poxes on the scalp and they hurt. When he felt less pain, I cooked misuah for him. I even went to an Indian friend's house to get some neem leaves. The Indian friend taught me to blend the neem leaves with tumeric, and apply on his body. This remedy speed up the healing process, and to prevent itchiness. My friend told me to boil the neem leaves and make it into bath water too.
10th, 11th May
Papa-M felt better. (yah...after many days of my dedicative care)
12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th
Papa-M quarantine at home stil. But I was back to work. I cooked him porridge in the morning before went to work.
17th May
My parents came to visit. Parents were surprised to see Papa-M, he lost weight, 7kg reduction!
Mom said he looked "so handsome" .....hahahaha
After 2 weeks, Papa-M's condition improved. Poxes dried up. We went out for a nice dinner with parents.
18th May
Woke up in the morning and noticed Bb-G was down with fever. Gave her fever medicine. The fever did not subside, so I took her to the clinic at the evening. Papa-M and me had actually suspected chicken pox. Doctor saw red throat, prescribed antibiotic. I stayed up at night to monitor her temperature, constantly tepid sponge her.
19th May
Fever did not subside at all. I suspect the antibiotic not working. I on leave, she skipped class. She even vomited. I took her to her peaditrician in the evening. The doctor changed the existing antibiotic. Her fever was bad at night, so I did not sleep and monitor her temperature. tepid sponge too.
20th May
After taking the new antibiotic, Bb-G's fever subsided finally. But I fell sick. I had fever and shiver in cold. Papa-M took me to the clinic in the morning while my sister took care of Bb-G at home. When I was in the clinic, my temperature already reached 39 deg, doctor gave me a jab and immediately let me had the fever medicine. He saw inflammation in my throats. I also had some flu and cough. He prescribed me with strong medicine so that I could rest. He gave me 3 days off from work.
Luckily sister was at home helping me to take care of Bb-G while I slept. The medicine was so strong that made me sleep from 9.30am till 4pm. I think I was too tired too...
In the evening, Bb-G fever came back again. Sister and me took turn to tepid sponge her.
21st May
I felt better after rest and medicine the day before. But Bb-G still had fever. She lost her appetite, and cough and flu developed.
22nd May
Bb-G's fever remain. In the evening, I took her back to the peaditrician. Doctor immediately sent her for blood test. Suspect dengue.
Report came out and luckily dengue negative, however fever caused by viral. Doctor suggested to give another antibiotic, and if the condition did not improve in 2 days time, Bb-G had to admit to the hospital. I told doctor to admit right away, because Bb-G was stil having fever. Doctor agreed.
Due to so many days of fever, Bb-G was dehydrated too (lack of water and vomit). Her blood vessels collapsed and the attending medical officer could not even find her veins. Eventually the peaditrician came for help. They took another batch of blood for further investigation.
The ward was ready by 11pm. Bb-G was pushed to her ward, and I stayed with her. She started to cough non-stop , continously for an hour. And it stopped for a while and she coughed again by 3am, 5am, 7am....
23rd May
Peaditrician came for ward visit. Mycoplasma test negative. Glad. But since she coughed so badly since last night, Bb-G was sent for chest X-ray. X-ray report came clean, no pneumonia sign.
However, her cough lesser, and she was very active since the doctor administered the correct medicine and treatment.
24th May
Discharged. Felt happy. After we reached home, doctor called and said the H1N1 test is positive, and told us to go back to the hospital to take the medicine. Bb-G had to stay at home for a week, no school for her.
25th, 26th, 27th, 28th
My mom came over to take care of Bb-G, while I went back to work.
Conclusion - May 2014, the sick marathon.....
All of us are well now.
Monday, June 02, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


wah, this year really always sick!!!
ReplyDeletehaiz......yalor....
ReplyDeleteso long never read your blog. Didn't even know bb-g & u were unwell too. Now, with such HOT and HAZY weather...... I also don't know how to stay healthy :( Year 2014 so sien !
ReplyDelete