Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lemon

I have dry skin (especially body). And my skin is sensitve "seasonly". Sometimes my skin will easily itched. The dryness on my legs, arms, tummy, chests and back causes itchiness which sometimes unbearable.  I even had a severe skin problem years ago, where doctor said it was keratin paralysis. Red rashes all over the arms and legs, and they itched 

Few weeks ago, my skin started to itch again. I suspect the body wash that I use was the culprit. In fact, I used this body wash before, maybe my skin has reached the tolerance level. 

Last Sunday when I was having a potluck dinner in my friend's house, she said she never uses soap at all. She uses fruits to bathe/shower and even scrubs her face. She even makes her own colour cosmetics, such as face powder, eye liner, etc...What a NATURALIST !! And I can even notice her face was brighter and more even toned. (previously she had dark spots/pigments)

I was inspired by her greatly and since then, I stopped using body wash. I used fruit instead  -  the LEMON.  I bought few lemons from the supermarket and wash them thoroughly to ensure the lemon skin is free from wax and pesticide. Then I cut into quarters and keep into airtight container and store in the fridge. All I need is to get a piece of the cut lemon, and just squeeze the lemon juice into a wet clothes and start to rub and scrub my body. Believe me, the citrusy note of the lemon really "shiok" and each time after shower, I feel my skin was smoothen and certain part was brighter too (like the neck area and armpit)

True enough, ever since I started my lemon bath regime, my skin less itch (well, certain part like the tummy still itch a little but sooth down very quickly) .

 I am really looking forward to each shower time now!  Ha...ha...ha...



  

2 comments:

  1. wow... is lemon effective in clearing dirts too?

    do you use body lotion? how come skin would be so dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just quarter lemon enough for bathing ? Wow....I love lemon smells.

    Maybe u can try Cetaphill lotions. Very effective for dry skin. My doc recommended and I already bought the 2nd tube. They have body wash too.

    ReplyDelete