We went out on Sunday for lunch, and main reason was to get a gift for a friend's newborn baby girl. Normally most people will think of buying gold, for eg., gold anklet, gold bracelet, gold pendant or gold necklace. Otherwise an angpow will serve the purpose. For me, I would prefer to give something different, which in the near future, the receiver can use it. I don't prefer to select those ornamental presents. Anyway, I bought a crystal pendant for the little baby. It is ammonite (which is known to stimulate wisdom) with Guan Yin carving. I wish the Goddes of Mercy will protect her forever...Before the shop owner packed the stone in a nice gift box and passed to me, he put it in a big bowl and used an equipment to go round the edge of the bowl, and a woo-ing sound was heard. This process is to cleanse and energize the crystal. Nobody should touch the stone after this process, only the person who is wearing can. But if someone or many people accidentally touch the stone, my friend has to bring back the pendant to the shop to re-energize it again. Very interesting.
Anyway, before we shopped, had a great lunch at the Italiannies. It has been quite some time we never went out for good meal with Bb-G. As we know that the portion in this restaurant is big for one person, therefore Papa-M and I shared our food, instead of going for one main dish each.
We ordered a big bowl of mushroom soup

and ceasar salad, then followed by this cheesy artichoke with spinach, dipped with garlic bread as our appetizer .

Then our main meal is grilled salmon with lots of vegetables and baked potato wedges.

Very filling indeed.
We are entitled to get one free children's meal since Bb-G was with us, but luckily we didn't order. According to the waitress, a portion of a main dish for a child is huge enough for an adult!
Bb-G couldn't wait to grab the bread

I like this photo

She "dance-dance" showing her belly button. Yes, nowadays not only when we asked her where is nen-nen and she would point to the correct area, she can even show us her belly button when we ask her "where is your PUSAT??"

An enjoyable lunch afterall..
I heard of that cleansing of crystal before too. Very interesting indeed.
ReplyDeleteWah...for 2 person, those food you ordered are a lot too! But all look so delicious, especially the salmon and mushroom soup!
oh u heard before? this was my first time seeing the process.
ReplyDeletehehe, again u say we order lots of food...yes , the mushroom soup was superb