Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bb-G's Birthday = My Wedding Function??

I never know that holding a child's birthday party would exactly feel like having a wedding function of my own.So busy till I hardly got any time to get a break...

The hall after deco.

One side of the wall with Bb-G's photos

One small basket with party toys. To be given out to all children.

About 11.45am, guests starting to reach. The first batch was Nanny's family. I wasn't in the hall yet when they arrived. Papa-M and my parents help to welcome and entertain them. I was at home then preparing Bb-G's misuah to bring over for her lunch.
Many guests including some relatives were there when I stepped into the hall. The first thing I saw was a motorbike present given by Papa-M's staffs. My friend SL's son was riding the bike, fetching Bb-G who stood behind him on the basket. It was very funny and cute.


Nanny's daughter aka my friend gave this little hair band to Bb-G, see so cute, I like it very much. Bb-G looks likes very feminine !



Then, more guests started to pour in. Papa-M and me then started to welcome them, one by one, batch by batch. Soon the whole hall was full of crowds and noises. Very happening. At that time it was about 12.30pm and I didn't even had the chance to squeeze some time to eat my lunch.

Family members were enjoying the food very much!


My father with Nanny's husband, Uncle-A and the daughter. Both my dad and Uncle-A were schoolmates previously.
Maybe Bb-G and his grandson will become schoolmates too (or classmate??)


Then, my Seremban friend called to my mobile, she reached and I told her the direction approaching to the hall. Saw her after 4 years apart. She is so slim, her face never changed at all. Both her children carry some of her features. I could not manage to have good chats with her though. Too busy. Before she left we took a photo together with her son, the little dauighter shy-shy, never joined us.



Then, my ex-colg who stays nearby also here. She came with her daugter and father, hubby was sick, rested at home. Similar case, didn't really chat with her much, but luckily took photos together.


Then, guests continue to arrive, and Papa-M and me continue to enterrtain them. By near to 1pm, we had our cake cutting ceromony.


Everybody sang Happy Birthday together! After that I took the cake to the side table and sliced into small pieces for the guests.
By around 1.30 - 2pm, some guests were leaving. The hall seems to be toned down and more quiet. By that time I was already free, so went to take my food. Unfortunately nothing much left, no more rendang chicken, fish fillets in Thai sauce, butter fried prawns, mix fry vege, deep fried popiah....almost nothing left. According to my many guests' comments, the food was delicious and tasty, but I didn't had the chance to eat...sob sob sob.. Anyway, I took some fried rice and few slices of roast lamb, with some fresh garden salad, since these were left at that time. Oh ya, a bowl of ice-kacang as my dessert too. I bet Papa-M didn't eat that much too.

It is not easy to hold a big function for 70 - 80 guests, and had good quality time with every individual. For me, I feel like myself in my own wedding dinner, never get to eat, but then had to walk from table to table "yum seng-ing" .........

Although it was tiring, I had a memorable party done specially for my BB-G ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Next time, eat before the party start. The host normally won't get to eat. haha....And by the time everyone left, not much food available.

    The jelly cake very nice...not too sweet and my baby girl loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, no wonder u said birthday = wedding. believe Bb-G had a wonderful time too!

    wow... long time no see mnhl! what a refreshing look!

    recently got a tv drama featuring a baby girl, always wear that type of hairband too. very cute... and after that, i saw more babies wearing the same hairbands in shopping malls/streets...

    SL's son is also cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mnhl - yalor, i shud eat first but wat to do, when i reached the hall already so many pp..

    sp - tel um mnhl is very slim...how i wish i can be like her. eat oso tak gemuk

    the hairband very cute hor, i oso like very much. the cake i order was this doll lor. nice ar? i like it too

    yes, sl's son now no more baby face, he looks handsome now hehehe

    ReplyDelete