Every morning before breakfast, I drink a glass of lemon juice + honey. I like it because It helps to detox and regulate my bowel system. It soothes the throat too.
2 weeks ago, my MIL brought some lemons to my house, and my frigde was full of lemons. Hence, I thought of making drinkable lemon enzyme , reason 1 - Too many lemons and I think I may take some time to finish all ; reason 2 - want to cut down my time squeezing lemon juice in the morning.
So, last Sunday night, I washed the lemons, then scrubbed the skin with salts. Then washed a glass jar and let it fully dry. I thinly sliced the fruits and laid them layer by layer in the jar. Poured in the honey layer by layer too until the lemon was fully covered. Done. Kept in the fridge and let it ferment. Can be taken after 3 days (which is this Thursday). Just need to scoop a spoonful of the liquid and 1-2 slices of the lemon, mix in cold water. Drink. So much easier.
I was so excited and couldn't wait to try the enzyme (I never made before and this was my 1st time).
Monday morning I went to work as usual. Then, I suddenly thought of the enzyme I made the previous night. OH SHIT!! I forgot to dry the fruits after washed, and I also forgot to dry the chopping board and the knife I used!! OMG........ it has high % to get mouldy....sigh....
As I know this was a fail attempt, I changed my plan. I drank the "fake enzyme" on Monday after work and I treat it as lemon honey beverage instead. Not wanting the whole jar to get mouldy, I shall finish it soonest possible .
Next time, I'll make sure all my utensils are sterilized and fully dry IF I were to make any fruit enzyme again...
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wah....so particular ? If wet a little bit also will turned mouldy ?
ReplyDeletehmm... so that is the definition of enzyme... is it like the thick mixture used at some restaurant when they sell iced lemon tea?
ReplyDeletemnhl - yah..everything shud be fully dry
ReplyDeletesp - i dono wat thick mixture u said...but after fermented, the mixture is diluted...