Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Fine Japanese

My boss , I mean the real BIG BOSS has 2 Japanese restaurants in KL. One is just next to our office, whereby colgs and me usually dine in. The other one is really located in the mid of KL town. I went there a few times during my overseas guests's visits.

Yesterday my department had the priviledge to have a great dinner with the big boss. And with the big boss around, the food served was amazingly GOOOOOODDDD!!

We had fine Japanese cuisine - an eight course meal served in Kaiseiki style....

As I was too engrossed with the food , I forgot to take some of the food photos. haiz...
1st dish-  the duck confit salad with avocado and foie gras with some sweet apple dressing, very appetizing
2nd dish - smoked sea trout, super soft and delicious

3rd dish - the sashimi set, the 2pcs of tuna belly in the middle were so juicy, fresh and almost melted in the mouth...super yummy. We were advised to eat the prawn, then move on to the flower arranged sashimi(yellow tail) then the last one was to savour on the tuna belly...














The full set looked like this. I specially like the side dish - a glass of sweet vinegar full with collagen and mango, which to be taken after we were done with all the cold dishes.















4th dish - prawn broth, served in an elegant way. The chef specially made for us, it took him 3 hours to prepare this dish....Smelled and tasted heavenly



























5th dish - fried prawn head which came from the prawns which was used to make the broth

6th dish - baked eggplant with Japanese blue crab meat, topped with sweet miso paste and corns. When the dish was served, my tummy was almost 80% full. This particular dish was a tad too sweet in overall. If the chef used cheese (instead of miso paste) as topping, then I think it could taste better. Anyway, it was a good one though due to the fresh crab meat














7th dish - Oh my god, guess what, this was the main course, after we had eaten 6 dishes!! By the time it reached my table, I was already full , I couldn't finish my main meal completely. It was braised tuna jaw. My ever first time tasting such delicious tuna dish. It didn't smell fishy, but tasted like meat (sort of beef texture). When the captain served it on my table, I thought it was lamb shank.



























8th dish - dessert , chocolate mousse with green tea red bean mousse. The sweetness was just right.

Besides having the Kaiseki, we had white and red wine, cherries, grapes, walnuts and cheese.
I went home with a VERY FULL BELLY !

6 comments:

  1. oh.. the 2 restaurants owned by your big boss ah? no wonder so near your office la... hehehe.. staff dine got discount ah? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah...staff has discount. u makan before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mnhl- eh one day, u ular to kl lar, i belanja u makan lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha....i will try to find an opportunity to ular to KL just for the Jap food. I'm drooling over Jap food. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Jap food really looks so tempting... but why the last few photos look more like chinese food?

    ReplyDelete