2 nights ago, after work, I made Chinese style carrot cake. Instead of using white radish ( I couldn't get from the shop), I use carrot instead. Basically cai tau kueh, just that I added more ingredietns this time.
1) Ingredients - dried shrimp , Chinese sausage (lap cheong) and grated carrot
2) Pan fried till the carrot was soft, I added in some water and salt to taste.
3) Pour the rice flour+water+salt mixture into the pan, then stir fry together with the carrot until a dough was form, then load it into a steaming tray, steam until set. Done. Let it cool, then I kept in the fridge.
4) The next day, I cut the cake into cubes
5) I stir fried with my carrot cake with chai por, crab stick, minced pork.
6) Our dinner last night
Conclusion - I still prefer white radish cai tau kueh, which has more traditional taste.....








U r very creative....can even think of carrot to substitute white radish. I love BP's chai tao kuey. Can't find that taste anywhere else...
ReplyDeletemnhl - me too, i really like batu cai tau kueh, this 20th, we makan gao gao ok
ReplyDelete