Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mushroom Soup

When I was sick with eye infection, I hardly get close to Bb-G. So last weekend when my eyes were recovered, I've decided to make her favourite food - mushroom and soup , which turned up mushroom soup...

I used brown and white button mushrooms
















First, boiled a potato, and then mashed it up.




























I let the little girl to join me in the kitchen, When I cut the mushrooms, she stood next to me. I like this kind of bonding actually. Anyway, again, she never failed to bring along Teddy Bear














When I need to use the stove, I told her to sit at a corner. Being a caring girl, she sat on the floor and let Teddy Bear sat on the chair....  ^_^















Heated up the pan, melted some butter, fried the onions, then poured in the mushrooms. Added a bit of salt and pepper, tossed until soft.




























Then, poured the cooked mushrooms and mashed potato into a pot of chicken stock. Let it boiled. Then simmer for a while. Next, poured in a pack of whipping cream















Season  the soup with salt and pepper, then thicken up with cornstarch. Done.

I also baked some fish fillet and yellow zuccini+olive in the oven, made some tomato salsa (tomato+onion+salt+pepper) and tartar sauce (mayo+lemon juice+onion+salt+pepper+garlic powder+parsley flakes). Papa-M and me had this, each one a portion.














Bb-G had this - I gave her 2 fish fillets (she took the meat, take out the skin), the soup (finished till the end), some tartar sauce (she never like, and never touch) ,  some tomato salsa (she loved it and asked for more), and some apples (she ate all)





















4 comments:

  1. glad that you have much recovery.. and love the last pic.. such happy girl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food presentation is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U can cook so complex food. The mushroom soup must put in whipping cream ? I love mushroom soup too...next time wanna try to make my own, using your recipe. Now, my son started to like mushroom soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cynthia - thanks, eyes are almost ok

    sp - oh really, i simply taruh only...

    mnhl - eh the mushroom soup cooking method is from hotel, a fren taught me how to make, she said her hotel fren (the chef) taught her how to do....i made many times for my previous party/pot luck before, those who eat love it. u can try one day.

    ReplyDelete