This trip back home, I thought of eating one of my favourite dessert, "tao suan" but couldnt have the chance. However, my crave was fulfiled. Parents bought yau char kuai for my Sunday breakfast, it tasted so good when it was dunk in the kopi-O.
She bought a kid's on-the-trend-cake for my mom.
Mom with her half-daughter & granddaughter, together with the Angry Bird Cake
In the afternoon, I left Bb-G at home, and went out for a movie with the 2 sisters. Being with them make me feel so young again. We bought pop corns and drink, and watched Johny Depp's Dark Shadows.
We took a photo together in the cinema before the show started. Sometimes, I also need my "ME TIME" (Papa-M, you hear me???)
At night, we had a mini home gathering cum celebration. Before the dinner, Bb-G was playing with her cousins.
Both of them are September babies, with one year apart.
Bb-G had been eyeing on the Doraemon triclycle
2 tables were set up for close relatives. We had steamboats.
Mom's oven bake chicken wings
Cousin sister's fried chicken wings
Aunty's fried lala. This recipe with lots of minced garlic, ginger & cilipadi was so good until I finished three quater from this big plate. Best to eat with beer!
The beverage. Ooooo... I had a can of Carlsberg and 3 full glasses of red wine. Mabuk mabuk...
While all of us were enjoying food, Bb-G played football with her cousin in the dark.
Soon, it was time for the cake. I bought this. It was a chocolate cake with fresh cream and fruit on top.

Another chocolate cake was a gift from the charity body.
The MOTHERS


















Beer and wine cannot drink together rite? Will mabuk very easily.
ReplyDeleteAll the proud mothers!
i dono can mix both together or not. becos weather back home was very hot, so i started with beer first. then my mom start to drink wine, and she induce me to drink. my aunty and uncle oso keep pouring wine to my glass!
ReplyDeleteIt is always good having family gathering.
ReplyDeleteHi Mery, yah..it is always nice to do it at home too, can feel homely
ReplyDeletewow, you all always have such big celebration for mothers' day? how about fathers' day? wahhh... the steamboat looks so yummyyyyyyy... i still miss the steamboat from your house few years back...
ReplyDelete