Hence, this was what I had done ...
The menu of the day – all the dishes were tagged in “flags”

I had prepared 8 types of dishes to welcome them.
The main carbohydrates


The premium

I had thinly sliced the abalone from these shell fish. The smaller ones have better taste

The proteins


The fibres

Side dishes - 2 version, one with artificial snowcrab legs, one with prawns



I specially made this refreshing "sweet-sour-saltish-spicy" sesame sauce to go with the spring rolls.

I also baked apple pies for dessert . We ate the pie with vanilla ice cream

I cooked my own apple pie filling - cube apples cooked in butter with some cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, salt and raisins.

We had a family photo taken before the food walloping session . In-laws were surprised by my surprise food party

My siblings & bro's wife were the guests too....
I am very glad and happy that all of them loved my food and enjoyed their meal to the fullest ! What a wonderful feeling to create a "WOW" to myself and to the people I am close to...
(Side track) Then, on Monday night itself which was the actual Chap Goh Mei,
I made porridge with the leftovers of abalone & the stock, and baked some roast pork for dinner.


Then by late night, we, with some neighbours, went to our condo rooftop to play fireworks. This was how we ended our CNY celebration...



so amazed with your cooking talent! and you really know different types of ingredients too...
ReplyDeletecan feel your "heart" in all the dishes!!!
am going to quote this again ...."i like to see the happy faces when they eat my food" heheheheheheh
ReplyDeletenot only food are good, even the presentation are great ! U really put in a lot of effort to do this party.
ReplyDelete