Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Totally Changed

I am a fan of this drama – Huanzhu Gege 10 years ago.

And recently, I just finished watching the remake of this Chinese drama – New Return of the Princess Pearl (Xin Huanzhu Gege).

I feel like writing something about this show here….

Compare to the previous HZGG, I found that in the older version, the male lead Er Kang was like a superhero in the drama. But in this new version, Benjamin, an additional new cast who was the angmoh palace artist acted more like a superhero, and Er Kang seemed to have lower profile. This Benjamin knew everything in the world, he could cook, he could sing, he could play violin, he spoke good Mandarin, he wrote in Chinese and he also had medical knowledge! Towards the end of the show, and when I was watching the last episode, I felt that Benjamin was very “lebih” , just like what my sister said too. I just don’t understand why the writer created this role, made him like a hero, but then so kesian….He could only shower his love to the woman he loved, but he would not get anything in return. End of the day, he was left alone, and gotta leave China and back to his country in pain...

Xiao Yanzi in new HZGG was more intelligent and more knowledgeable. She was not so irritating and naïve compare to the older version.

I still like Ruby Lin’s Ziwei in the old HZGG. When I observed the new Ziwei China actress , I realized when she never smiled her mouth shape was quite odd, it looked like a “U” in upside down , i.e.,” n” . In another word, she has bitter face when she never smile. She could not bring out the character of Ziwei who was supposedly a beautiful, graceful, gentle, caring, soft-spoken young lady + princess. Most of her scenes with Er Kang, I just skipped because they were too long winded. Oh yah, by the way, the new Er Kang was good looking.

For Wu Ahge, I still prefer Su You Peng as he was more cheerful and look better too. The actor of new Wu Ahge has sharp long face. As for Er Tai, I wonder how come in the older version, he was the shortest among ErKang and Wu Ahge, but in the new version, he was the tallest, and he talked very maturely, even more matured than her elder brother ErKang.

I like new Qing-er, in fact I also like the old Qing-er. New Qing-er really had strong characters. She had her own opinions, her thoughts and she dared to pursue her love, her life and her dreams. Moreover, new Qing-er looked very sweet, exactly resemble a princess. I also like new Xiao Jian, I couldn’t describe more about him, but I just like the way Xiaojian in the new series.

I found that Liu Xuehua is a bit too young to act as the empress dowager. No doubt her acting has been always good, she should play such an old grandmother’s role in another 10 -15 years time.

The new empress and her old maid, both of them didnt look evil at all!

Overall, I enjoyed the new HZGG. No doubt certain parts were quite dragging but still acceptable. And thanks to my sister who helped to download 98 episodes…

And now, I am following the HK drama – Forensic Heroes 3, a total change of all casts from the 1st and 2nd parts, just like Huanzhu gege ....

5 comments:

  1. HAAAAARRRR!!!!!! So SLeepy...... HZGG is so darn boring???????? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz ehh! did i fall asleep again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the New HZGG story same as HZGG1?

    i had watched HZGG3 few yearswhereby XYZ and Ziwei were acted by different people. And Wu Ah Ge was acted by Gu Ju Ji... I didn't like that HZGG3 that much because XYZ became not cheerful, and always cried. And Wu Ah Ge (Gu Ju Ji) even had a 2nd wife... did you watch???

    Is Forensic 3 nice??? recently i watched Forensic 2 on TV and found She Shi Man very cool as madam, because always just need to lead meeting/discussion but it's other CIDs and pathologists that had to the work... but i like Ou Yang Zhen Hua and the gf in the show... very cute couple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only 'gu zuang' Taiwanese drama I watched before was 'Qing Qing He Bian Chao'. Even 'Da Chang Jin' I did not have the chance to finish the whole drama. So sad :( How did u find time to watch drama ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. go funshion.com and dwnload...lotz of movies and drama..

    ReplyDelete
  5. mr marcus kang - @#$%^&*(*&^%$#

    sp- oh i oso don really like the previous HZGG part 3. this new HZGG is a combination and some twists from the old HZGG1,2,3 , also added with some new stories.
    oh forensic 3 is good ler, i like it, but haven finished yet, part 3 more canggih! after u wac part 2, wac pat 3 ar...

    mnhl - u don really like costume drama? or prefer the modern type? i usually wac at nite, sometimes when the kid sleeps or sometimes she joins me. so watever show i watch she basically knows the name, even will ask me to repeat !

    ReplyDelete