Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

With the Family

Due to Hari Raya Haji, my parents came to Kl for holidays. Usually when parents were here, we would eat out , but this trip mom really coooooked for us to the max.
They reached on Saturday noon time, just the right time for lunch.. Eversince Bb-G started to accept rice for her meals, I will always cook “one-pot-rice” for lunch during weekends.
I call it one-pot-rice because all I need to do is to throw “everything” in my rice cooker and let it cook. Example, last Saturday I saw some leftover purple cabbage and some minced pork in the fridge. So I separately stir fried the cabbage, then the pork , and I also stir fried the uncooked washed white rice on the pan. After that, I mixed everything into the rice cooker and let it cook.




Simple and easy. Sometimes I also cook pumpkin rice, carrot+potato rice, mushroom rice.

Anyway, after parents ate my purple cabbage one-pot-rice, we just chit chat, and then both of them went to my brother’s house. At night, mom cooked dinner for us, she was the tukang masask, I was the pembantu kitchen.
I couldn’t recall what we ate on Saturday night …. Sigh… but I think, we had stirfried spinach, braised pork in soy sauce, old cucumber soup, steam otak-otak. A short while after the dinner, mom suggested to have red wine. We enjoyed the wine while munching some crackers and peanuts. We chit chat and laughed. It was a relaxing night just being at home with family members.

On Sunday, supposedly our plan was to the shopping mall in the morning, but suddenly I oso-dono-why, the event was changed. Parents woke up quite early and went to the wet market. When I woke up by 8.30am, mom told me she wanted to cook brunch for us. And again, she was the tukang masak, I was the pembantu kitchen.

By 10.30am, all the dishes were done. She cooked Hainanese chicken rice, of course come with the white chicken, pan fried fish, stirfry tauge, soy sauce pork, stirfry mixed bean (long bean+ okra+brinjal) and radish soup.
Before 1pm, all of us finished our breakfast+lunch.

After that we went to the mall to “exercise”. Mom said after a full meal, we should go to the shopping mall and walk, this can burn the fat that we ate. Furthermore we’ve got free aircon. ^_^
We spent some time buying some groceries in Jusco. Then, we went to Old Town to have a tea break. Papa-M ordered a very fusion mix of beverage which I found it very weird and overly too sweet. It is a mixture of soybean, gula Melaka and cincau. I didn’t really like it.

We reached home before 5pm, after a short rest, parents went to the park for some evening exercise. I stayed at home to watch the previously download New Huanzhu Gege. By late evening, mom suggested to cook again for us, and this round she fried mihun only. I told her, a verysimple dinner will do, no need to cook many many dishes, because me, the pembantu kitchen, very lazy to bantu her in the kitchen anymore….hahaha !
But then, after the mihun dinner, I prepared them dessert. We had tang yuen in ginger soup. I bought the ready made frozen tangyuen from Jusco earlier, so we had peanut and black sesame sweet tangyuen dessert at night. Mom suggested to have another round of red wine session, but nobody entertained her request…… All of us just lepak in the living room watching show.

Monday morning, we took parents out to have a breakfast before they drove back to hometown...

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, your mum like to drink red wine? and why 2nd time, nobody entertained her? hahaha....

    the Hainanese chicken rice, why you didn't show the chicken rice at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the soya drink is something like the Kuching 3 layer tea. It is with gula melaka, fresh / evaporated milk and black tea. Very nice. Maybe the Oldtown added too much gula melaka and turned out to be too sweet ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sp - yes my mom lovessssss red wine. at home she will drink alone, my dad says she is a 酒鬼 !! hahaha

    mnhl - oh i know the 3 layer tea u said, and i like it very much. this old town is not the 3 layer tea, it is "cap ba lang"

    ReplyDelete