On the 17th January, which was a Public Holiday to celebrate Thaipusam.
In the morning, I drove my parents-inlaw, sister-inlaw and her kids, and Bb-G to Ikea. We went for breakfast, then left the kids in the indoor playground and we did our shopping. My plan on that day was to get a new carpet for the house before CNY.
By late noon, we went home. MIL cooked dinner for us and I took the kids to the playground AGAIN. Kids will never have enough of playground.....haha..
Before we had our dinner, SIL told me there was a fraction of dust on the floor. I suspected it dropped down from the ceiling which the area was just beneath a spotlight (I assume the spotlight hole was dirty). SIL helped to sweep away the dust, but it came back again....
We prepared the dinner for the kids first. In my mind, I was thinking to clear up the dining area and let the kids to have their food on the dining table. But somehow something in my mind tell me to get the kids to eat at the main living hall, and luckily I did. Just a few minutes before the food were served to the kids, we heard a loud explosion !! It came from the dining area !
When the explosion happened, FIL who was lying on the couch thought some neightbours were playing firecrackers....MIL who was sitting on the sofa thought she made some mistake in the kitchen, and the gas exploded..... and I was standing near the kids witnessing how the tiles exploded !
4 pcs of tiles burst out and started to crack. FIL helped to remove the tiles. Soon the cracks started to spread to other parts of the living hall. It was very scary as each step that we walked could hear the eerie cracking sound. It happened too sudden that my mind went blur.....
(the dust on the floor was a signal, telling us that the pressure was too high till dust was forced out from the tiles before they cracked and burst)
Anyway, we managed to get the some contractors to fix the tiles. At first they said it took 10 days to complete, I say NO WAY MAN, CNY is so near , I cannot afford such a long period. At most they have to settle within 5-6 days. So, Monday 20th, they started the repair work. On the first day, the workers removed all the tiles. On the second and third day, they started to hack the cement. The whole house was covered with thick dust. The forth, fifth and sixth day, they lay the new tiles. We were confined in the masterbedroom during this ordeal.
So finally the repair of the tiles was done on Saturday, 25th at 8pm. After having dinner outside, I swept the floor, wiped off the dust on all furniture, mopped the floor umpteen times till 11.30pm. It was tiring.... On Sunday morning, 26th, my maids come over to help me and all of us were on full force for an entire house cleaning. All job done by 9pm. Pheeeewwwwww....... and we are back to our home sweet home.....
I pray Horse year is a good year, 好的来, 怀的去 。。。。
Wishing everybody Happy Chinese New Year, may you be blessed with good health, happiness and wealth in the year ahead!
大家新年快乐, 恭喜发财, 事事顺利,马年行好运 !
Monday, January 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It was really scary and glad that everything are back to normal again ! Happy Chinese New Year to you and family. Ma nian kuai le !
ReplyDeletema nian kuai le
ReplyDelete