Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Chinese New Year 2014

We (Papa-M, Bb-G and me) took a night flight back to my inlaw's place on the 29th Jan. Reached home around 9pm+. We had nasi kandar as late dinner, and then we went to the night market. Papa-M bought some pants, I bought a pair of purple sandals for myself and a pair of Hello Kitty pink sneakers for Bb-G. 
CNY Eve - The next morning, as usual, I helped my MIL to prepare some dishes for the reunion dinner. In the afternoon, we went to grandma's place for lunch. We had the typical Hokkien dishes, eg., pork belly pepper soup, soy sauce pork, fried jicama, minced pork roll....

At night we had the family reunion dinner at inlaw's house. All the family members were present this year, including SIL and her family from Perth. Bb-G and her cousins really had lots fun playing together.

1st day CNY-  FIL gave angpows to all his children and grandchildren. MIL had catered Malay food and invited all the relatives for lunch and gathering. The house was full of people and I think there were about 50-60 or even more family members !!
"Riuh-rendah" was the word I could describe.

The family gathering ended by 6pm. Then, Bro-inlaw bought pizzas for our dinner. After that we did some visitings. Back home by midnight. 

2nd day of CNY -  I woke up very early in the morning to pack our luggage. We had to attend Papa'M cousin sister's wedding in Penang. Cousin sister married to an angmoh and the girls had fun "playing" the groom ...
The wedding dinner was held in The Mansion. It was a nice building next to the beach.
















We had buffet dinner, with red/white wine served. English songs performed by veterans were sung
throughout the dinner

Big "FAMILY" photo after the dinner.













3rd day of CNY - We flew back to KL in the afternoon, reached home by 5pm. I had a bad experience with the taxi driver who drove us back from the airport. The driver sped very fast at 140-150kmph, that was so scary. Papa-M requested him to slow down and yah he slowed down to 130kmph....
Then just 5mins before reaching our place, the driver took out his cap and GOSH!!!! The taxi suddenly became so stinky. I think that fella didn't wash his hair for YEARS!!!!!!
Imagine I was sitting behind with the air-con blowing the "make-you-puke" stinky air towards me. I really want to pengsan!!!!


4th day of CNY - Rest at home and had plain porridge with simple dishes like fried eggs and fried fish. Our tummy needed some rest after so much CNY goodie foodie. Supposedly we planned to catch a movie (Monkey King) in the evening but no more good seatings available (left with only a few front seats). So we just lepak in the mall eating our dinner and enjoying Japanese strawberry ice-cream 



















Yummy ice-cream , Bb-G loved it sooooo much




















5th day of CNY - I went back to work. THe office was so empty. I had lunch at Esquire Kitchen with my collegues and then went home early (permission given by manager, hehehe). I prepared dinner and awaited the arrival of my inlaws. I made braised chicken with mushroom, a pot of ABC soup with dried scallop and abalone, steam cai poh fish, snow crab meat (artificial) with egg white gravy, brinjal with spicy dried shrimps topping and a plate of green vegs.  I only realised I didnt take any photo of my dishes after the dinner....hahaha


6th day of CNY - Today back to office as usual. And I am writing my blog now....^_^

















3 comments:

  1. You cooked so many dishes ! Good sim pu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, mummy-j looked slim ler!

    the only event missing from your CNY is gathering with old friends!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. mnhl - once in a year...oklar...

    sp - really? i sit down oso can see i slim ar?? hahahah
    we try to organixe one gathering ok...

    ReplyDelete