I didn't do anything after the lunch, except lepak at home and chitchat with mom. The hot weather made me very lazy to go anywhere and also so lazy to do any last min CNY visiting.
At night, bao and kueh for the prayer were sent to my mom's house, and I helped to arrange neatly in the trays. Mom's always likes her kueh/bao in very presentable manner, and she dislikes to display the praying items in their original state, which were delivered to us in carton boxes.
I slept quite early on Thursday night, too tired due to the journey home in the day time, the hot weather and I knew I had to wake up very early in the morning at 4am to help mom to prepare vegetarian fried meehun for Chap Goh Meh prayer.
Well, our family (mom's side) celebrates Chap Goh Meh in a special way, where many types vegetarian dishes were prepared by mom and aunts (sort of like pot luck) and then all of us gather in my eldest aunt's (mom's eldest sister) house for prayer. Many guests would come over and lion dance troupe would be invited. After the lion dance performance, all the troupe members will have vegetarian lunch in my aunt's house too!
Besides having all sorts of vegetarian dishes, we also offer roast pigs for prayers...and that I always anticipate to eat the pork. And I could notice that the members from the lion dance troupe enjoying the roast pork as much as I do... hahahaha......
All of us were at aunt's house from morning till evening before we called it a day.
At night, dad brought us out for dinner to celebrate Valentine's day. Mom suggested to eat at her favourite Chinese Restaurant, Futuna. And she specifically must order her favourite fried tung fun. Indeed the tung fun was very delicious. Even Bb-G ate 2 bowls!
After the dinner, dad drove us around the town, showing us where are the nice makan places and the new cafes and Korean restaurants. Oh ya, I also managed to spot my Sporean friend's brother's new house! Very nice and strategic area, good choice!
On Saturday, we planned to eat Ahsee Wantan mi for breakfast , but dad had already tapao a pack of yam rice for me and a pack of nasi lemak for Papa-M....
A short trip but a comforting one trip back home..


Lately, the weather very hot. No rain for almost 1 month + .
ReplyDeleteyalor...very hot
ReplyDelete