Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2013

This is my first post in 2013.

Papa-M, Bb-G , together with me went for a steamboat+bbq 2012 farewell gathering at a friend's place. Again, we had lots of food and wine. We came back home quite late,  roughly at 2.40am, slept almost immediately once taken our shower. I woke up at 10am the next day, to welcome a fine day of  1st Jan 2013   ^_*

Had a good rest at home yesterday, didn't really do much, except I made crepe for the 1st time for Bb-G as tea time. I never know that she loved the texture of the crepe so much, maybe the sheet was thinner, compare to  the pancake. Yup, she never like to eat pancake.

Actually, I have no idea how to make the crepe skin, but agak agak lar...., it should have flour and egg in the mixture. If jadi, then makanlar, if tak jadi, never mind lar.

So, I took out a portion of wheat flour, then added a bit of tapioco flour , an egg and mixed all with water. My measurement was based on my instinct. Oh ya, I added a pinch of salt too. The batter should not be too liquid, or too thin.

Heat up my pan, then poured the batter in a thin layer. Let it cook slowly under low fire.














Flipped to another side. Done. Taste quite nice, soft and a bit saltish.














There was some banana at home, so i sauted the banana with some nutella spread.















Wrapped and rolled the banana with the crepe skin















Done















Guess what, Bb-G just ate the crepe skin, ignoring all the banana... I made 3 pcs of crepe, she finished 2 pcs. As for the banana, that was too much, most ended up in the rubbish bin...sigh... So next time, I shall only make her the crepe skin... ^_*


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought a noodle maker not long ago. I bought it because Bb-G's principal told me that she loves to eat pan mi in the school during morning break. The noodle should not be too broad, she likes thin type of noodle.

I have actually notice Bb-G's eating habit  - she does not like hard and thick texture.
Eg., she likes to eat vermicelli (mi fen), instead of normal mee or keuh tiau.
She likes to eat noodle pan mi,  would not eat much if  she eats mi hun kueh hand pull type.
She does not like pancake (thick) , but enjoy eating crepe (thin)

Since I often make mi hun kueh at home, I can now roll the dough into fine noodle for Bb-G

The noodle maker.  Used it last week for the 1st time.
















She was "helping" me to make the dough...





















It was not easy at all,  the noodle stick together. I tried many times but not succeed, I lost my patience and almost wanted to give up!
















Before I really "throw my temper" on the noodle maker, I tried to spread as much flour as possible to the dough before I rolled them into noodle. Finally, it worked! Ha ha Ha!

But then, the whole place was so messy....
















Bb-G: Wait wait wait...I take photo first ....





















The noodle was a bit too thick though, next time, I shall try the other thinner version of the mould cutter.  
















I simply boiled the noodle until cook, and the ate with minced pork + its gravy. (I braised the pork in chicken stock, it turned up very flavourful, oh yah, I also marinated the minced pork with some salted fish. )
My plan is to make this like Hakka Mi.















Glad this girl liked it.





































4 comments:

  1. hey how come the banana + nutella in crepe looked quite similar to the dish i watch other people preparing during my cooking challenge??? :P

    so funny when you wrote that you were about to throw temper at the noodle maker

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yar ar... i rememebr i saw the photo in ur fb too... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you got to use loads of flour to make pan mee.. and also to rest the dough a while before doing into the machine... hehehe.. nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah....Hakka pan mee! Your new invention. BB-G really enjoyed that bowl of noodles!

    ReplyDelete