Anyway, I am a bit "loose" today, and have some free time "arranging+housekeeping" my photos in the camera. Noticed I still kept some food photos, let me put in the blog before they are erased.
Not long ago, my colleague had recently introduced me this Hokkien Mi eating place near our office. And this place has become my favourite place for dinner, if, I wish to settle my dinner before going home after work.
It only took me 5 mins drive from my office. No hassle for finding a parking space. This place opens their business from 6pm to 3am, at Old Klang Road.
Their dishes are all on the big banner.

I tried their oyster fried egg, fried sotong and prawn fried before, but my favourite is still Hokkien Mee. Prices are reasonably cheap too. Hmmmm....maybe tonite I want to eat this again....^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many weeks ago, errrr..can't remember when actually, I made mihun kueh again. Well, that is my favourite food too..
Instead of mihun kueh soup, I decided to prepare dry version for the family as dinner.
Instead of mixing the spinach juice into the dough, I used the whole chopped spinach.

Tadaa!!....... Dry spinach mihun kueh with gravy minced pork and fried ikan bilis. I cooked a pot of seaweed soup as complementary.
(Side track : "Tadaa!!...." is a word I quote from Bb-G recently. I wonder where she learned this from. When she wants to show me something, and she thinks t that I could be surprised by her, she would jump out and shout TADAAA!!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enjoy cooking, but I don't enjoy washing my heavy iron wok. Hence, I always like to use non-stick wok, which is much lighter and easier to wash too. However,"shelf life" of a non-stcik wok is always not long, and it requires a lot of good maintenance. If I accidentally scratch the surface, the non-stick coating would be scrapped out. And I can't use it anymore....haiz....and not long ago, I just threw away my favourite 2 units of non-stick wok, and started to use back my heavy iron wok. Had been eyeing to get a new non-stick wok and suddenly, I was given a present from my mother-in-law.
Tadaaaaa!!!.....heheheh..... Is the Korean made double sided pan!

I've got to know about this pan since years ago, when I joined Cosway as member. Then, I also saw such pans in the supermarket, and also realised it can be bought online too. Planned to buy one, but thinking that I have an iron wok and 2 non-stick woks at home, I dropped off the idea.
This pan really came in the right time. The first dish I cooked with this pan was mishuah soup. Never know that it wasSOOOOOO EASY to use, I just put a little bit of oil, dumped in some garlic, put in some marinated meat patties, closed the pan for a very short while. I never did any stirring at all, I didn't even use a spatula, I only had chopsticks on my hand. Then opened the pan again, poured in hot water, followed by misuah, salt, pepper, soysauce, sesame oil, green vegs and beancurd sheets. Closed the pan again another short while(less than a min), opened the pan again, and the dish was ready, and smelled good too.

Yesterday noon, my brother gave me 2 corns. Instead of steaming like the usual way I used to do, I grilled the corn. Melt some butter in the pan, put in the jagung, closed the pan, and let it grill under low fire. I shook the pan a bit so that the corn could roll and grill evenly. Opened the pan after roughly 10mins.
Tadaaaa!! My butter salted grill jagung during the tea break. Macam beli dari pasar malam ya...
I really like this double sided pan so much, because my kitchen top remain clean and free from oil after each cooking. What a wonderful and brilliant pan the Korean had invented!










Now, you are a happy chef ! The jagung really looks good! Looking forward to see more of your homecooked dishes!
ReplyDeletehas been planning to cook curry chicken....
ReplyDeleteIndeed the jagung looks good!
ReplyDeletesp - yaya, 1st time grill n it turned up good.
ReplyDelete