Anyway....
My parents-in-law went back with me. Bro+wife and sister went back too. As usual, whenever we have home party, steamboat is a must, then complimentary with hometown famous satays, homecook fried beehoon and fried chicken wings, and of course we had beers, wine and this round, my uncle bought some Coconut wine from an Indian seller. We mixed the coconut wine with Guiness Stout, and the taste was wonderful. But I still prefer to drink the coconut wine by itself.
Two tables were set up. One for the older gang, another one for the younger gang.
My inlaws sitting with parents and uncles+aunties. Me, siblings, cousins and the kids sat at the table next to them
Our table...Haha...I only rememeberd to snap a photo of what we ate after we almost finishing the food.
Soon after the dinner and chit chatting, we had the cake cutting session. And this round, all the daddies shyly took their photos.
I bought this cake specially for the occasion.
Knowing that my father-in-law is allergy to chococlate, I've got Cynthia a.k.a Breanna's mommy to make a chocolate free cake, thus this was a durian cake. When I "interviewed" the family members how was the cake, I've got this feedback
My sister : It's durian loh
One of the aunties : Eating durian ler
My cousin sister : Eh, can still drink wine or not after eating this durian
My dad: Wah...so strong, how much is the cake?
My mother-in-law : Yooooo...this is sooo nice..... very good....
One of the uncles : It is MUSANG KING!!!
Hahahah...hi Cynthia, if you are reading this, your cake was tasty. A durian lover will definitely love this cake. It has so much fresh fruit in it. We were basically eating DURIAN cake, and not CAKE durian ^_*
We had a group photo too.
And another photo for the seniors. Behind all successful old men, there stood all the successful old women...hahahahahaha

After that, knowing the night was still young, we went to the seaside + Chinese temple at Minyak Beku. We spend roughly an hour and then back home to rest for the day.
Hmmm...I wonder when would be the next family party again.....







Such a big family yeah... It is fun having celebration at home with family members...
ReplyDeleteWow I am really curious about the durian cake. Here we call Mao Shan Wang instead of musang king. Real nice horrrr
ReplyDeleteglad that your family like the cake! and it survive the journey.. hehe... and glad I don't see remarks 'too sweet'.. but eating durian! hehehe... thanks again for the order and a chance to serve your family. :D
ReplyDeleteWow .... wow.....such a nice family gathering. I bet my hubby will love that durian cake !
ReplyDeleteangel - yah, it kinda fun to celebrate once a while
ReplyDeletesp - i think mandarin is mao san wang. u r a durian lover rite, then this cake ngam lu lar..
cynthia - it was not sweet, taste just rite. so u really used musang king?? hahah
mnhl - oh, i bet ur husb loves tat too!