Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

2 weeks....

For the past 2 weeks I was having good life. My sister(Ahyi-X) was on uni holidays, so she stayed in my house. She just went back to her hostel last night. When she was with me, both Bb-G and I really had fun. Ahyi-X cooked dinner for me most of the weekdays and of course Bb-G had a playmate. Bb-G stuck to her dearest aunt tightly, and even wanted to sleep with Ahyi-X at night.
Bb-G slowly "crawled" towards sister's side.
Both of them slept together on the same pillow

Although Ahyi-X cooked something very easy by using steam method, quick boil soup (eg., seaweed egg drop soup with seafood balls), or pan fry some veges, I felt very happy, at least when I reached home from office, the warm food were ready on the dining table.
My mom when she knew sister would be spending her holidays in my house, she marinated some chicken wings for us. What sister needed to do was just to thaw the wings before she steamed, pan fried or braised with mushrooms. Mom also bought some Muar otak-otak for us.
Some dishes which Ahyi-X cooked for us ("us" means my brother, Papa-M and me)

Steam fish. She was a bit kiasu , just dumped everything from the fridge to steam together with the fish. Sauce wise, she main campur dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce ..added with cili padi, ginger,siew pak choy. It looked quite ugly, but tasted not bad eventually.

Steam egg tofu with dried shrimp. She slightly pan fried the dried shrimp with garlic to make it aromatic before she arranged nicely on top of the tofu to steam.

Winter melon and carrot soup with pork

To reward sister's effort (she also helped me to do the laundry, washed Bb-G's cloth diapers and handwashed some of Bb-G's new CNY clothes), I treated Ahyi-X a good meal last Saturday. We went to a cafe for lunch, then brought her to buy some new clothes for CNY.

Sister had pork chop burger, she realllllllly enjoyed herself

Nowadays I just let Bb-G savour our table food, her skill is improving, at least she won't make a big mess on the floor now and I can close my eyes and leave the restaurant without guilt ^_^

I had pork chop with vege. Only only remember to take the photo when we almost finishing the food, simply because we were too starved!

Before we left the cafe, I said this to Bb-G , " Baby smileeeee" and I was given this


Then at night, my turn to cook for her. I cooked Korean glass noodles. Sister loved it so much!

Thank you sister, next holiday you are welcome to stay in my house and cook for me again, hehehehe

4 comments:

  1. you sisters are so closed. Am sure your parents will be very happy to know this.

    Baby is getting cuter and cuter...love her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only have one sister... so we all quite close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... your sis so young already can cook!

    i also only have just 1 sis, but she won't do such house-work wan la... me neither lar... hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. sp- me too, quite surprise sister can cook, and she can sew very well too. she made a dress before. then when my baju or cushion terkoyak, she also mends for me. maybe kemahiran hidup in TIGS has improved alot after we left!!! hahahahha

    ReplyDelete