Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Good Mood For Food

Maybe it is towards end of the year, with all the festive seasons/public holidays queueing up , and maybe after the short Perth trip, my appetite  was very good lately. I just cannot help myself with chocolates, milk, pies, and all sort of food which are savoury....Gosh, I believe I put on weight !!

Anyway...... let me enjoy first , I shall plan to slim down...errr....soon....

For the past weekends, I prepared these

1) Curry chicken
This curry paste was bought by Papa-M from Australia. Funny rite, all the way to ang moh country to buy curry paste. Since he wanted to try , so I cooked for him. A Thai brand.  In the packaging there was a statement " can reduce the portion for a milder taste". So I thought this curry paste must be very very spicy and full of "kick". Since we all love strong curry, I decided to use one whole pack.




















Following the instruction, and I made some twist (due to the raw materials from my kitchen and fridge) , I sauteed the bombay onions until fragrant, added in the curry paste, then poured a small amount of santan and some fresh milk, put in chicken chunks, potatos and tomatoes. Cooked till done. The whole house smelled heavenly!
















When we ate, no curry taste, not spicy at all, and a bit sour......
Conclusion - thank you very much, no more second time

2) Shepard Pie
It was quite some time I never make this pie. In Perth, sis-inlaw made this for our breakfast. When I came back home, I really missed the taste, thus last weekend I finally baked it.
Again, with whatever ingredients at home, I marinated the gound pork with salt, pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce. Cooked together with bombay onions and corns.















Pressed the meat nicely and flatly in the caseroles.I made 2, one small pot, another bigger pot Leave them for a while












Boiled potatos until soft, mashed them, add some salt, butter and fresh milk, mixed well














Mashed potato laid on top of the cooked ground pork. I only have cheddar cheese in the fridge, so i put on top.














Put in the oven, bake















Next, EAT !



















Bb-G and me finished one whole caserole (small pot)...yumm yummm

5 comments:

  1. so what happened to the curry chicken ? Still goes into your tummy ?

    Ahh....that Shepard pie...i wanna try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we stil eat the curry chicken till finish. actually not to say not nice, but donhav curry taste, more like a chicken dish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny when you said the curry turned out not that tasty... maybe Thai style, so sour a bit? heheh...

    you made it seem like cooking is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Shepherd Pie!! tempting now to make one for weekend.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. sp - ya, i like to cook something simple...like fast food

    cynthia - ya i oso like shepard pie a lot!

    ReplyDelete