Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mushroom Bread

When I started my relationship with Papa-M, he (my boyfriend then) told me he is not particular with food. He practically eats everything. And this had actually made me like him more, because I don't like my boyfriend (partner) to ve choosy with food.
But then, his true colour began to show up, he never like to eat mushroom, and he does not like to eat bread too. I just don't understand how could he tell me he eats everything! I kena conned.

For me, I just enjoy eating bread, and I also love mushrooms! When Bb-G starts to eat solid food, I introduced bread to her. To my shock, she dislikes bread just like her father. Even bun, bao also she doesn't like. And these are all my favourites.

When I cook at home, I will remind myself try not to add mushroom, because Papa-M dislikes. And if I add a little bit of mushrooms, he will nag at me. Arrggh!
Even when my mom make chinese rice dumpling (bak chang), mom will remember not to add any mushroom for him too, see he was spoilt.

One day I let Bb-G try some mushroom. To my surprise she ate all of them and asked for more. Oh yeh, Bb-G has my blood, she loves mushroom! So everynow and then, when I cook, I will add mushroom. When Papa-M nagged, I told him his daughter wants to eat, and this shuts him up. HAHAHA


Last weekend I saw this Eryngii mushroom in the supermarket. I quickly grabbed one pack. So yesterday night, i pan fried the mushroom with oyster sauce, and sandwiched between 2 pcs of white bread. A bull eye egg was added too.



I also prepared a small portion for Bb-G. She liked it so much, and kept asking for more. Oh yeh, thanks to Massimo, Bb-G started to eat bread. She eats both Masimo wholemeal and white loaf. Other bread brands, she rejects. Wah, very yim jim hor?



But the happiest thing that I felt last night was not the bread nor mushroom,it was the milk. Yes, immediately after taking her sandwich, she asked for milk and completely finished the whole bottle. Such case is so rare.

4 comments:

  1. U r so innovative. Mushroom kiap with egg and bread look so delicious. I love all kind of mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tot of making meat burger, but no more meat in the fride d.... so use egg lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really can always think of what food to prepare. Unbelievable!

    I don't like mushroom (Xiang gu or dong gu) too... Only like button mushrooms from can. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. sp- u n me seems has different taste buds, out of so many types of mushroom, i donlike the canned button mushroom the most hahahah

    ReplyDelete