Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Frozen

I know I know, Frozen is very popular now, my daughter EVERYDAY also want to watch Frozen, either from  the DVD her dad bought, or via youtube. EVERYDAY she pretends she is the Queen Elsa, and EVERYDAY she sings the songs from the Frozen.

Anyway, I am not writing about the Frozen movie today...

Eversince I start the practice of preparing dinner every weekday, I feel very happy. Reasons?
One, I do not need to think what to ta pao everynight
Two, I reach home from work with dinner done
Three, We can eat dinner together everyday as a family . "We" means Papa-M, Bb-G & me. Imagine last time husband and me settled our dinner separately almost everyday

AND....I love the fourth reason the most.
Bb-G will tell me this everyday " mummy's food is very nice, thank you mummy for cooking for me"

One weekday when I was on leave, Papa-M told me not to cook and suggested to bring us out for dinner. We had a long time persuading Bb-G to eat at the restaurant because she insisted to eat my homecook food at home! Hahaha..

Usually I will buy the food ingredients (vegs, meat, fish, etc) for a week use. I dare not buy too much to keep because I have lack of place in the freezer. Well, many people told me I have a big fridge with 3 doors, and yet  I am still complaining  I do not have enough place to keep my stuffs???

Well, the "first door" is the normal compartment. It is large enough for my usage. "Second door" is another sufficient compartment for me to keep vegs and fruit. "3rd door" is actually the freezer. Well, the freezer is divided into 2 compartments. The upper deck is divided into 2 parts too, one part is to keep the ice cubes (automatically made after we pour water into a box stored at the 1st door) And this ice cube storage place is so huge that can store hundreds of cubes. So, the rest of the space was quite tight and narrow. I always find it very hard to squeeze in my stuffs. Most of the time when Papa-M said he wanted to buy ice-cream and keep at home, I REJECTED his request, simply because there is not more space for his ice-cream.  Kesian right....

So, last week, when I was in the office working in front of my computer, and suddenly I thought about my fridge again. (yah, I have been thinking about the space issue in my fridge since many many weeks ago).  And with a very determined heart, I intercom one of my colgs in another department. 

Me: Eh, I want to go out now, your boss there ar? Want to follow me? My boss today on leave. 
Colg : Go where? 
Me: Accompany me to buy a freezer, want ar?
Colg: Huh?? Now? How long?
Me: Very fast wan, go to any electrical shop and pick one. then settle, we come back. I think 1 hour like that can gao tim.... I drive , very fast wan 

Colg : OKOK... let's go

And that was about 11am.

So, I drove my colg to Onking,  told the person-in-charge to show me the freezers they have. He introduced me Faber chest freezer and an upright freezer. I chose the former, simply because it is cheaper and then the size is not too bulky and just right for a space in my kitchen. And without much delay, I quickly "ON" the deal. I passed him my credit card and settled the payment. I even told him to send to my house ASAP, if possible on that day itself too. But it was impossible to arrange, therefore, it was arranged to the next day for delivery.

On the next day, the freezer was sent to my house. Actually Papa-M was outstation when I made the purchase and when the freezer was delivered. When he came back home, he saw the freezer and started to nag nag nag....He complained why I bought  the freezer without consulting or dicussed with him....etc...etc....Well, it was too late, goods purchased cannot be returned. Nyek Nyek Nyek

Hummpph...guess what, after so much nagging and complain from Papa-M, he went to buy ice cream and put in MY FREEZER. And he bought SIX TUBS !! Oh Well well well, I am always a good and benevolent  person, I always share MY FREEZER with all the family members... Hahahaahahahah

Faber Chest Freezer, think it is 100liter??? Can't rememebr actually. Size is just nice to fit in, next to my laundry machine.




It has a mini basket too. 


This is my way of keeping frozen meat. I marinated the meat and keep in individual container. Each container is a portion for a meal. So far, I have minced meat, roast pork, spare ribs, prawns, fish, sausages, and other food stuffs enough for many many weeks.
Somebody kepoh when I was snapping the photo, saw the fingers?




This little girl is happy with the freezer too, because she can eat iceeeee crreeeeeammmm ^_*




5 comments:

  1. My house also got a big freezer to keep those meats, herbs, dried stuffs....... very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, between my girl also loves that FROZEN's theme song. She will sing and shoved her hands like how the princess did. I like the song too........nice

      Delete
  2. mnhl - yah, very useful ! i shub buy it much earlier.
    i think lots of pp like frozen songs very very much
    me too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i guess when you have more fridge/freezer spaces, you would tend to use them up. my grandma now has 2 refrigerators and both are quite well-stocked.

    wow, bought until 6 tubs of ice cream??? can finish eat???

    ReplyDelete
  4. sp - the ice cream still in the freezer....hehehe..left 3 tubs kot

    ReplyDelete