Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Ang Moh Dinner in Winter Solstice

Since lately I am on diet and never take rice, I prepare simple food for dinner yesterday. Papa-M agreed, so I made salad and a pot of mushroom soup.

Instead of the usual tofu or egg, I used prawns instead. Boiled the prawns in ginger water, took out once they are cooked and put into a bowl of ice water. Once the prawns were drained, I added some white wine, sesame oil, a bit of mayo,a bit of lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and unriped papaya cubes. Mixed well and placed on top of the romaine lettuce. I also baked some chicken meat pie in the oven, to compliment with the prawn salad.


The second dish was a pot of cream mushroom soup. Since Bb-G and me love mushrooms, I purposely added lots of fresh shitake. Papa-M will only eat mushroom when they are cooked in cream soup.

Bb-G's signature sign - GOOD!

We had a few slices of orange and few seeds of durian for dinner too.

After that, I prepared tangyuen in sweetened ginger soup.

I saw this imported tangyuen in Jusco, was curious of the taste, so I bought a pack to try. The yellow rice dough was from pumpkin, and it was filled with peanut and coconut shreds. Errr...I don't really like it.

My forever love - the peanut tangyuan.

Papa-M & Bb-G

Mummy-J & Bb-G

Sidetrack - till to date, I lost 6 kgs in 5 weeks, Yay! another achievement! 2 weeks ago I went for a hair cut, changed to another hair style to usher the Dragon year.

By the way, this morning, when I was driving Bb-G to nanny's house, she grabbed my shirt and said this to me , "Mi...u X'mas tree ar..."
I was like HUH? Which part of me look like X'mas tree??? I wear a brown blouse with black pants, don't even have a single hint of green ler...

4 comments:

  1. Bb G is so cute. Happy Winter Solstice to u and ur family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav tang yuan is also the peanut tang yuan! But can be heaty...

    Wow u are really preparing to look ur best for cny! Even got new hairstyle already! Ur relatives will surely compliment you this cny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angeline! MERRY X'mas & Happy New Year to you & Family!

    SP- hehe! I see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. papa-M very cin cai chiak hor. Congrats to u for losing some weight.

    ReplyDelete