Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soybean Instant Noodles

Yesterday night when I reached home from work, I didn’t know what to eat for my dinner. I searched my kitchen wardrobe and fridge, then decided to cook a packet of instant noodles.
However after I ripped off the plastic pack, I realized the expiry date was 1st October, and the seasoning had already hardened. So I decided not to use the seasoning. I went to the fridge again, looking for any interesting seasoning that I could use and ended up , this was my dinner.

I boiled the noodles until soft, then drained away the water, put aside. Next I found a tub of spicy XO sauce and some leftover of unsweetened soybean drink from the fridge. I pour the soybean into the pot, then put some XO sauce, let it boiled, then put in fishballs and meatballs. Put noodles back to the pot and cooked till the balls are fully cook. Sprinkled some salt for taste. I never expected that it turned up to be quite delicious! Something like laksa lemak, but without santan…consider healthy isn't it..?

4 comments:

  1. wow, new innovation! or why not you try to cook maggi goreng? hehehe...
    for me, i m very particular about instant noodle. i must use back the original seasoning and prefer not to have any add'l ingredient so as not to spoil original taste from factory. ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not bad, never know santan can be replced by soybean drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an influence from Korea (using soya)? There is this restaurant serving noodles in soya and also chrysanthemum soup. http://www.iamthewitch.com/2010/05/14/12-burger-at-cravings-sunway-giza/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sp, i oso dono it will turned up to be like this, but sometimes certain maggi mi, i will use back the seasoning esp curry mi!

    angel, hah, but santan actually taste nicer, more rich

    mnhl, eh i dono korean food put soya to cook noodles..,,first time hear from u

    ReplyDelete